Sometimes the best way to sort things out which are worrying you or stress related is to ‘get away from it all’ even for a day or two.
By being in another environment away from whatever causes your stress can make a huge difference to your mind set and enables you to make the decisions you need to make.
We all need some time for relaxation and refreshment. We all need time to recharge our personal batteries. If you deny yourself then your batteries won’t get fully recharged and so your efficiency will be less and your ability to cope with day to day stress of overwhelm and overwork will be severely impaired.
You can refresh and relax yourself by taking short time out to:
• take a few slow deep breaths in and out and you concentrate on breathing out tension and breathing in relaxation
• lie down for a few minutes making your whole body totally relaxed
• do some vigorous exercise such as brisk walking or aerobic class or swimming
• decrease or stop caffeine
• stop eating sugary and junk food
• increase fruit and vegetables
• talk to a friend or family member
• find some professional support such as a coach or a mentor
• go away to somewhere peaceful and away from it all.
How do you get enough relaxation and refreshment in your life?