Self-care and me time is so incredibly important for every woman. And we sort of knew that, right?
How often do allow yourself experience a joy that comes from caring for yourself?
When we are stressed on daily basis, worrying about job, family and children, trying to be superwomen – everything-for-everybody, we are more likely to be vulnerable and reach for a sugary snack and stress eat to pamper over selves.
Are here other ways that food you can show love to yourself and release stress?
A date night with yourself—it will help you to release stress and tension by creating an opportunity to relax your body and your mind.
Here is how:
- Schedule uninterrupted time for this meditation. Save reading or watching TV for another time; this experience is all about sensory awareness and relaxation.
- Listen to the splashing as you run the water in your bath tub.
- Add your favorite bubbles, salts, and/or essential oils. Pay attention as the aromas fill the room.
- Light candles (the more the better!) and notice the calming glow and flickering.
- If you’d like, add soothing music to further enhance the relaxing experience.
- Have a clean, fluffy towel waiting for you when you get out.
- Enter the water, and rest your back on the side of the bath tub. You may want to place a washcloth or towel behind your back to make you more comfortable.
- Begin breathing deeply, observing the air moving in and out of your body.
- Wiggle your toes in the water and feel the sensation of the warm liquid and bubbles touching your skin.
- Observe any tension you feel in your body and release it into the warm bath water.
- Thoughts may arise as you practice this meditation. Observe them briefly without judgment, then allow them to float away.
- When you are ready to end this meditation, move slowly and mindfully as you dry your skin, apply an aromatic lotion. Go to bed or calmly re-enter your life, carrying the relaxation with you.
- Decide whether you would like to treat yourself to this personal spa experience on a consistent schedule.
- While it may not be quite as relaxing as a bath or massage, practicing mindfulness during any of your daily activities (for example, eating, gardening, straightening the house, running errands, or working), will relieve stress.
Enjoy! Please share your self-care experience in the comment box :)